Check out the information below for a delicious meal that you can make at home.
Sundried tomato scones
Serving Size: 1 scone (recipe serves 12)
Calories (kcal): 141.9
Protein (g): 0.3
Fat (g): 6.8
- 280 g low-protein baking mix
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp cold butter
- 3 tbsp sundried tomatoes, minced
- 25 g low-protein mozzarella
- 125 ml rice milk
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Mix together the flour/low-protein baking mix, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in the cold butter. Stop when you have pea-sized bits.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and low-protein mozzarella and toss to combine.
- Add the rice milk and mix this with the dry ingredients just to incorporate.
- Knead about 10 times or less – so that you have a very messy looking dough.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Form each half into a flattened circle, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cut the circle into 6 wedges.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 12–14 minutes.
Nutritional information, including Phe counts, are estimated using the Metabolic Pro database created and maintained by Genetic Metabolic Dietitians International (GMDI).
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.