Check out the information below for a delicious meal that you can make at home.
Portobello stuffed peppers
Phe (mg): 161*
Serving Size: 1 pepper (recipe makes 5)
Calories (kcal): 197.2
Protein (g): 2.5
Fat (g): 0.8
- 5 medium-sized green bell peppers
- 2 medium-sized portobello mushroom caps, diced
- ½ large onion, diced
- 300 g of low-protein short grain rice
- (4) 737 g cans of Campbell’s concentrated tomato soup
- Garlic powder
- To prepare the green bell peppers, slice the tops off and hollow out the seeds.
- Place the caps back on top of the peppers and set aside in a casserole dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine portobello mushrooms, onion and imitation rice.
- Once ingredients are mixed, add ½ cup of tomato soup and stir until well coated.
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a large spoon, scoop mixture into each bell pepper until filling is level with the top of the pepper.
- Place the pepper cap on top of the now-stuffed pepper, use two toothpicks to secure the cap and place back inside the casserole dish.
- Repeat until all five peppers have been stuffed and re-capped.
- Pour the remaining condensed tomato soup in the casserole dish, filling in around the peppers until the peppers are at least half-way covered with the soup.
- Place lid on casserole dish and bake at 180°C for 1 hour.
*Based on ½ cup tomato soup mixed in with ingredients, not soup peppers are baked in
Nutritional information, including Phe counts, are estimated using the Metabolic Pro database created and maintained by Genetic Metabolic Dietitians International (GMDI).
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.